IncFile ReviewLLC Formation Service Reviewed for 2022
If you are looking to form a business whether it be an LLC (limited liability company), Corporation, S-Corporation, General Partnership, or Nonprofit, you may be on the search for a reliable and easy to use online service to help.
Incfile is one of the most affordable online incorporation services, is extremely reliable, and they pack in a bunch of great features that are useful when starting a business.
In this article we are going to do an in-depth Incfile Review and outline its pros and cons as well as pricing and key features.
IncFile LLC has been helping businesses form since 2004 and have helped more than 250,000 businesses since opening their doors.
Here is our Incfile Review:
Incfile Highlight of Key Features:
- Company name verification
- Business formation service Business Entity types: LLC (limited liability company), S-Corporation, C-Corporation, Nonprofit
- First year Free registered agent service
- Preparation and filing of articles
- Free business tax consult and lifetime customer support
- Next business day processing
- Lifetime company alerts
- Online order status and tracking as well as the option for expedited filing
Incfile Highlight of Services:
- Registered Agent
- Annual Report
- Foreign Qualification
- Formation documents – articles of organization
- Incorporation documents
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Change of Registered Agent
- EIN/TAX ID Number
- Business License Search
- File Business Taxes
- Fictitious Business Name – DBA
- File S Corp Tax Election
IncFile LLC has three LLC formation package to choose from and they each offer a different combination of pricing and features, depending what you need.
For all of the details of each formation package, you can checkout their pricing page here .
Silver Plan – what is included:
- $0 + State Filing Fee
- Preparation and filing of your Articles of Organization – these documents are required to form your new LLC and IncFile will create and file them with your state.
- Name availability search to make sure the name you want for your businesses isn’t already taken by another entity.
- One Year Free Registered Agent Services – a registered agent is required to form an LLC. A registered agent accepts important documents on the behalf of your business and forwards them to you. IncFile provides this erices for free for one full year. After the first, free year, they charge $119 annually to be your registered agent.
- Lifetime Unlimited phone and email support
- Order status tracking
- Business Tax Consultation – the offer a 30 minutes, no obligation consultation with a certified tax professional and charge for consultation services thereafter.
- Lifetime company alerts – IncFile will keep track of important deadlines and notify you as they approach.
Gold Plan – what is included:
- $149 + State Fee
- The Gold package includes everything from the Silver Package
- EIN (Employer Identification Number – An EIN is a social security number for your business and is to be used when opening a bank account, hiring employees, filing taxes, and more. IncFile will acquire an EIN for you so that you don’t have to do it with the IRS directly.
- Custom Operating Agreement – IncFile will prepare your custom operating agreement which outlines the ownership structure of your business and ground rules for the way your company will operate.
- Express 1-3 day shipping of a hard copy of your articles of organization
- Banking Resolution – This document is created to help you open a business bank account. However, this can easily be done by simply bringing your EIN number to the bank with you.
- Gold Business Formation Kit – A box with your company’s name on it, a transfer ledger, and document organization tabs to help keep your documents organized.
- S Corporation Tax form Preparation – This feature only applies if you decide to have your business be taxed like an S Corporation.
Platinum Plan – what is included:
- $299 + State Fee
- The Platinum Package included everything from the Gold package
- Expedited Document Filing – this can cut your turnaround time from weeks to days if expedited services are offered in your State.
- Sample Document Library – Access to legal contract templates to be used as needed
- Business Website and Domain Name – IncFile has a partnership with SnapWeb and you will receive a professionally designed basic website and pre-made template. This feature requires you to pay SnapWeb’s $20/month hosting fee and the free domain name only applies if you sign up for an annual subscription.
Customer Service and Support
We would probably give their customer service a 7/10 because they aren’t as responsive as other providers and perhaps not as consistent in their turnaround times.
That being said, it wasn’t all terrible.
Once a customer service representative answered the phone the entire call was quick and helpful.
Many customers have said that email customer support takes about 24 hours for a response but found the responses helpful and more detailed than phone calls which tend to be quick and short.
Ease of Use
If you have never started a business and don’t know where to begin, you will want to use a service that is easy and intuitive for beginners.
The point of using an incorporating service is to save the time it takes to learn what needs to be done and save you the hassle of doing something wrong and having to go back to try to figure out what went wrong.
IncFile personalizes the process based on the state you live in and the type of business you are trying to establish.
Each state has different requirements and IncFile knows what is required so you don’t have to try and figure it out.
As you fill out the applications, you will see little question marks and hyperlinks that explain what you are filling out and why.
IncFile does like to up-sell, so as you fill out the information you will notice some “promotional” offers and add-ons.
If you choose to opt-in to these add-ons, your price at the end will be higher than the formation package you chose at the beginning, so you will want to keep an eye on that and only sign up for add-ons that you really think you need.
We do like that the price is immediately updated as you add-on additional products and services so that you are not surprised at the end with huge bill.
IncFile has a pretty strict return policy so if you use their services or products, you will want to make certain you are choosing the correct products and services and ones that you need.
IncFile will only grant you a refund if you request one before funds are sent to your formation state.
Once the funds are sent it is extremely hard to get a refund and they have a $30 cancellation fee on top of it all.
Hopefully this IncFile Review helped you learn more about Incfile and their services.
They are a great option for forming your business and making sure you start on a positive note.
If you still aren’t sure whether Incfile is the formation provider you want to work with, there are several other formation services to consider.
For more of the best LLC formation services, read our post here!
FundsNet requires Contributors, Writers and Authors to use Primary Sources to source and cite their work. These Sources include White Papers, Government Information & Data, Original Reporting and Interviews from Industry Experts. Reputable Publishers are also sourced and cited where appropriate. Learn more about the standards we follow in producing Accurate, Unbiased and Researched Content in our editorial policy.