Harbor Compliance Review – What you Need to Know Before Using them!
If you are looking to form a new business whether it be an LLC (limited liability company), Corporation, S-Corporation, Sole proprietorship or Nonprofit, you may be on the search for a reliable and easy to use online business formation service to help.
Our Harbor Compliance Review will give you everything you need to know about them and their services.
Harbor Compliance opened in 2012, and they’ve already helped over 10,000 customers in those few years.
They’ve really managed to build a positive reputation with their customers over the years and offer not only business formation services, but compliance services as well.
Here is our Harbor Compliance LLC Review:
Highlight of Key Features and Services
- Business Formation service – llc formation service and any other business entity type
- Nationwide Registered agent service
- Annual Reports
- Business Licenses – Architecture, Cause Marketing, Construction, Employment, Energy, Engineering, Insurance, Land Surveying, Pharmaceuticals, Security, Transportation, and more.
- Foreign Qualification
- Fundraising Compliance
- Nonprofit Formation – help nonprofit organizations maintain compliance with federal, state, and local government licensing requirements including charitable solicitation registration and renewal, disclosure statements, fundraising registrations, and more.
- Software as a service to help with licensing, tax, and entity management.
- Corporate Lifecycle Management
PROS of Harbor Compliance
- Harbor Compliance has a huge selling point when it comes to their customer services. They made their customer service a premium experience by assigning a Compliance Specialist to every client. The Client Specialist walks you through each step of your formation process.
- Free registered agent service for a year with a business formation.
- They are a complete LLC formation provider and even help with state-specific compliance guidelines, like publishing your formation in newspapers.
- Once your business is formed, they can help you maintain compliance with their Software as a service.
- If you have tough licensing jurisdictions, they provide highly specialized licensing for regulated activities and industries.
- They have excellent customer feedback, in fact, it can be hard to even find a negative review.
- They try to minimize up-sells compared to other similar services.
CONS of Harbor Compliance
- Their formation packages are expensive compared to other similar providers. Their business formation pricing starts at $399 + State Fee. This is much more expensive that other LLC services that have free business formation + State Fee.
- $399 + State Fee
- Harbor Compliance will prepare and file your Articles of Organization with your state of formation.
- Name availability search to make sure the name you want for your businesses isn’t already taken by another entity.
- One Year Free Registered Agent Service – a registered agent is required to form an LLC. A registered agent accepts important documents on the behalf of your business and forwards them to you. Harbor Compliance provides this service for free for one full year. After the first, free year, they charge $99 annually to be your registered agent – with no obligation for renewal.
- Federal Tax ID Number (EIN) – An EIN is your business’s social security number and Harbor Compliance will acquire an EIN for you. You will need this to open business bank accounts, hire employees, file taxes, and more.
- Customizable template to help you create your LLC Operating Agreement.
- Customer support through your LLC’s successful formation only.
- $799 + State Fee
- Includes everything in the basic formation package
- Harbor Compliance will handle all of your LLC’s annual reports and will submit them to your state as needed.
- Filing and reporting of your initial report. In some states, you need to file an initial report after forming your LLC.
- Some states require proof of formation be published in a local newspaper. Harbor Compliance will take care of this process if required in your state.
- Harbor Compliance will provide an LLC Kit and Seal. This is a binder with your company name embossed on it, along with a symbolic seal customized with your business name, state of formation, and incorporation date.
- If you choose to have your LLC (limited liability company) be taxed like an S Corporation or C Corporation, they will handle all of the necessary IRS forms.
- Ongoing customer support, even after your formation is complete.
Customer Service and Support
As mentioned before, Harbor Compliance offers premium customer service and support by assigning a compliance specialist to each client.
This compliance specialist will be there to help you with your needs from start to finish.
Customers love having a designated person to reach out to for questions and help.
This shows in their countless positive customer reviews and feedback online.
Ease of Use
With an assigned compliance specialist on your side, we would have to say the ease of use is “easy.”
Simply get in touch with your assigned representative and they will help you out.
They don’t really have a refund policy but what they do say is “if you order services from us, you may not cancel.”
They are pretty confident in their customer support and don’t seem to have a real need for a refund policy.
Conclusion – Is Harbor Compliance right for you?
This is the part where we get honest and give our opinion.
Harbor Compliance is definitely up there with the top recommended business formation services.
However, the reason we dont’ recommend it as aggressively as others like ZenBusiness or Northwest Registered Agent, is because the price is simply much higher.
ZenBusiness offers the same basic formation package for $39 + State Fee and they throw in a free registered agent for a year.
That being said, if you are an entrepreneur that values top notch customer service and anticipate the need for the other services that Harbor Compliance offers (compliance software, complex licensing, etc), then you may want to consider their second compliance package where you get so much more bang for your buck.
Overall, Harbor Compliance is an excellent company and they provide excellent services.
If it is in your budget, then yes, we highly recommend them.
But if you are like most entrepreneurs who are just starting their small business, you may need a cheaper LLC service.
FundsNet requires Contributors, Writers and Authors to use Primary Sources to source and cite their work. These Sources include White Papers, Government Information & Data, Original Reporting and Interviews from Industry Experts. Reputable Publishers are also sourced and cited where appropriate. Learn more about the standards we follow in producing Accurate, Unbiased and Researched Content in our editorial policy.