Best LLC Services for Starting Your Limited Liability Company
When starting an LLC, we recommend using only top providers and agents to help you get started – They will help you avoid many pitfalls that new business owners fall into and get confused about.
When registering for an LLC (limited liability company), you will notice that there are several different options to choose from.
Choosing the correct type of LLC Service is important but many entrepreneurs aren’t sure which option to choose and are uncomfortable with the idea of registering a limited liability company on their own.
Hiring an attorney as a formation service can be expensive, especially if you are just starting out.
If this sounds like you, we are here to help!
Every day hundreds of entrepreneurs, like yourself, form their own LLC and they do it by using one of the reliable and affordable LLC formation service companies listed in this article.
In this post, we will outline the our favorite companies to get started online so that you can save money, time, and do it all from the comfort of your own home or office.
Business formation shouldn’t be hard, and using an LLC Service is a great way to navigate your business formation process, ensuring that you don’t miss any crucial steps.
Let’s get started!
Here’s our Top Picks for Starting your LLC:
ZenBusiness is our number one choice year after year for formation of an LLC.
They have helped thousands of businesses since they started in 2015 and have countless positive reviews to back them up.
The Texas based company is not only easy to use and affordable, they are socially conscious which is a plus.
They partner with Kiva.org and with each new LLC formation, they help women and minority-owned businesses get out of poverty through financial lending to help get their businesses off the ground.
Not only will you get your LLC setup, but you can feel good knowing that you are contributing to a great cause.
- Affordable incorporation service- ZenBusiness is about 10% cheaper than other similar services. Their starting package costs $39 compared to other services that are averaging $49 per LLC formation + State fee.
- LLC formation packages include 12 months free registered agent service, customizable operating agreement, CPA assessment from their in-house legal team.
- They have 3,700+ positive customer reviews
- Pro Package includes annual report filing and other ongoing LLC maintenance filing services as part of their Worry Free Guarantee.
ZenBusiness gives you the best overall value and has packages for basic LLC formation to more involved LLC formation and ongoing maintenance.
They are a top rated LLC service provider. CLick Below to get Started and see more of what they offer:
Although Northwest Registered Agent has a higher price point than ZenBusiness and IncFile, it is still a notable business formation mention because of their top-rated customer support.
Northwest Registered Agent has been forming LLC’s since 1998 and are in the top three LLC formation services.
If you need premium level services, for $225 + state fee that is exactly what you will get.
- No upselling – when you pay $225 you get everything from start to finish
- They are known for having the best customer support available.
- They include a full year of registered agent service with the LLC formation package, which normally costs an additional $125 filing fee per year.
If $225 fits your budget and customer service is extremely important to you, then choosing a straightforward company like Northwest Registered Agent might be the fit for you.
They’ll even throw in your llc operating agreement as part of your business entity package.
Similar to IncFile, Inc Authority offers a free + state fee LLC formation package as their basic offering as well as paid formation package with more involved support.
Inc Authority began forming LLC’s in 1989 and have since formed over 130,000 business entities.
Customers who have used Inc Authority have mentioned that their platform isn’t as intuitive or user-friendly but they still do have some advantages worth mentioning.
- With Inc Authority you get one year of free registered agent service at no cost, even with the free LLC formation
- Over 4,000 positive customer reviews
Just keep in mind that they have a strict no refund policy. So if you decided to use their services, make sure you won’t change your mind.
This is another budget friendly option that many other business owners have used and were happy with.
IncFile is the runner up and if you are looking for a cheap and quick option, their package starts at $0 + state fee.
With over 250,000 businesses formed, they are a well-known llc service provider.
Just keep in mind that even though their basic LLC services are “free”, they are not recommended for those that need more involved help.
If you know the basics, this is a good option, but if you need a little more hand holding, ZenBusiness will be your best value option.
Nonetheless, IncFile is still a great option to look into.
- IncFile packages include a year of registered agent service, Lifetime Company Alerts, filing deadlines, and more.
- Over 13,000 positive customer reviews!
- They are know for having great customer service which are available through phone, email or online chat.
If you are on a very tight budget and are looking for a free incorporation service, then this is a good place to do that.
LegalZoom is definitely a brand that you’ve probably heard of because they have a lot of brand power.
They’ve done a really good job marketing themselves and getting their name out there.
But there is more behind their name, they really are a great LLC service as well as a legal service.
Although they don’t’ have as many features as ZenBusiness, they are an incredibly popular service provider and are reliable.
- They do huge volumes of LLC services with over a million businesses formed since 1999.
- Extended customer service hours for business services and legal services.
- LegalZoom is known for being very aggressive with their up-selling and if you accept all of the up-sells, you could end up paying over $1,000 for an LLC formation. So be sure you know what you want before signing up so you can stick to what you decided.
- Legal document library
- Registered agent service
If you want a company that is well-known and processes high-volumes of business forming tasks and services on a daily basis, LegalZoom is a good one to consider, especially if you need legal service included.
Rocket Lawyer is another household name but they offer more than just LLC services.
They provide a host of legal service making them a great fit if you need to consult an LLC attorney for different matters before or after forming your LLC.
- Rocket lawyer is great if you need attorney consultations, access to an intensive legal document library, and more in addition to starting your LLC.
- They have helped over 20 million customers since opening in 2008 and 7 million business clients.
- They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee which ensure you are satisfied with their services and get everything that you need done.
If you only plan on forming your business, then Rocket Lawyer is an expensive option at $99 + state for their llc kit.
However, if you also need legal advice or other services, they are a great option for this.
My CompanyWorks opened their doors in 2001 and has served more than 60,000 business since.
They are a mid-sized company in the LLC services industry and so their service can feel a little more personal than some of the other larger companies like Rocket Lawyer or Legal Zoom.
- Their pricing is somewhere right in the middle with a base rate of $79 + state fee. Their basic plan does not include free registered agent service with an llc creation like most of the others on this list. You would need to get the Complete package or add on additional service like registered agent service.
- Quick customer service turnaround with an average turnaround of 20 minutes for e-mail or voicemails.
- Their Startup Wizard LLC checklist is a great way to navigate the formation process, ensuring that you don’t’ miss any crucial steps.
Swyft Filings first started when an experienced lawyer saw a need to automate the business filing process, making it easier for small businesses and consumers to launch their business dreams without having to find, hire, and pay high-priced and uncertain legal fees.
Since starting in 2012, Swyft Filings has helped thousands of entrepreneurs form their business and they have thousands of positive reviews.
- $49 + state fee
- Business Tax Consultation – they offer a 30 minute, no obligation consultation with a certified tax professional and charge for consultation services thereafter.
- Free Domain name for one year after that you will need to pay for your own domain which is usually around $20/year on average.
- Free registered agent service
Choosing the Best LLC Service
After reviewing this list of providers, you still may not be sure which option is best for you.
If we had two choose two options to recommend to our own family and friends, they would be ZenBusiness and IncFile.
Both of these LLC service providers will give you the best value, help you quickly and reliably form your business, and will be there for you if you have any further questions.
Keep in mind, these services do not only form an LLC, they also file single member llc, corporation, non-profit, etc.
Best of all, they are the most user friendly and intuitive so that you don’t miss any crucial steps along the way.
For best overall value, choose ZenBusiness for your llc filing.
For the best cheapest LLC service, choose IncFile for your llc filing.
Both companies have excellent track records and are overall the top choices that will give you the most bang for your buck.
Pros and Cons of LLC Providers
Still not sure if an LLC service provider company is for you?
Here are some pros and cons to help you decide:
- If this is your first time or you are not familiar with the legalities of starting an LLC, a filing service will take care of all of that for you.
- Using an LLC filing Service is a great way to navigate the llc creation process, ensuring that you don’t miss any crucial steps.
- Most LLC service companies provide a dashboard or some sort of system to keep you updated on important government deadlines. This ensure that you never miss a filing which could lead to late fees and penalties.
- You have knowledgeable customer service representatives available when you need them. If you setup your own LLC and have questions or run into issues, you have to contact the state directly which could take hours.
- These services save you hundreds of dollars over hiring an attorney to form your LLC for you.
- Almost all llc filing services will help you obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN), banking resolution, Federal Tax ID Number, help setup your business structure via a business operating agreement, and more.
- Expedited filing available for rush formation.
- If you have the time and are knowledgeable, you can save money by starting your own LLC.
- On the other end, if your LLC company is a little more complex, having specialized insights from an LLC lawyer might be the way to go, even if it costs more. Many online incorporation services do not include legal advice.
What to Look for in a Good LLC Provider:
When deciding which LLC website to use, there are a few key itms to look for which we will discuss in this section.
Pricing and Features
We all look for the lowest price options, but that doesn’t always mean it is the better option.
You want to look at getting the most features for the price, or in other words, the best value – because free isn’t always better.
When choosing a service, you will want see if the service provider will include a registered agent service, or are you required to purchase one separately.
Make sure you know what you are getting in the free versions and upgrade to the next level, even if it means paying a little out of pocket.
A registered agent service can cost $125 and goes up from there, so having it be included in the formation service will save you money overall.
Also, don’t give in to any up-sells that you don’t need.
Some of these llc service companies try to up-sell additional services that you may not need.
All LLC websites listed here are nationwide incorporator, meaning that they incorporate businesses in al 50 states.
East state will have its own filing fee in addition to the llc service provider.
Checkout your state filing fee here.
Some of the larger LLC service organizations are all about volume and so the customer experience isn’t as great.
Others business services take pride in the customer experience and focus on user friendly interfaces and responsive customer service when you need it.
Read reviews on each business formation site, and see what other customers had to say about their own customer experience.
Does the business service provider you are interested in purchasing have a successful reputation or do they have a lot of customer complaints?
You can find this by reading reviews, BBB ratings and searching online.
Any of the llc service sites in our list are reliable and trustworthy, which is why we included them!
If you feel better working with a provider that has a refund policy, some of them do!
Some offer a full-refund if you aren’t happy with your company formation for any reason while others will only refund you if the error is on their end.
Either way, if this is important to you, make sure you read their policies on refunds.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are LLC Services Providers legit?
The answer is yes, absolutely.
Every one of the incorporation services we mention on this website is entirely legal and trustworthy.
Although there are some that we recommend and prefer over others, they are all legit and can be trusted.
How do online LLC Services work?
All you need to do is provide them with the name, location, and industry your business operates in.
They will also ask you a few questions about yourself and your registered agent.
The online business formation service creates your articles of organization and files them with your state to create a new LLC.
It is simple and removes the hassle from starting your LLC.
Do I have to use a Business formation Service to form my LLC?
No, you can always form your own LLC without the assistance of a business formation service and many entrepreneurs choose that route.
However, there are also many entrepreneurs that aren’t very knowledgeable in this area and want to make sure it is done correctly.
To form your own LLC you’ll generally need to provide them with some basic information about yourself and your business (this varies from state to state).
As the business owner, you will also choose a business name, designate a registered agent, obtain an employer identification number (EIN), and create an operating agreement, etc.
Once created you will need to keep track of important filing deadlines for the future.
Using an LLC service does all of this for you and more, especially if you sign up for their llc kit which has ongoing maintenance and support.
Are there Risks to using Online LLC Services?
We actually feel that there are less risks with using an online LLC service rather than forming your own.
These companies guarantee that your business will be formed correctly.
Are there privacy concerns when using an Online LLC service?
When using an LLC service, your personal information is hidden and protected.
Using a registered agent provides the privacy of using the agent’s business address as your own if you choose to also have that company serve as your registered agent.
Why isn’t LegalZoom the best #1? They seem to be the most top advertised service.
Although LegalZoom and even Rocket Lawyer are household names compared to some of the others, they are not #1 on the list because their llc kit features aren’t as impressive as others like ZenBusiness.
LegalZoom has a massive marketing budget and has been able to really get their brand noticed.
However, they aren’t’ necessarily going to give you the best overall value.
Still, they are a great and reliable option, just not our first choice.
Is my State’s LLC Registration Fee Included in the Prices Above?
Unfortunately, the answer is No.
Each state has different fees so you will need to add your states fees to the prices listed above.
In some state, the fee is as little as $40, while in other states it can be as high as $100.
You can see what the state corporation fees are here.
How much do attorney’s charge for starting an LLC?
This can vary depending on your needs and your lawyers rate.
On average we have seen that it can cost anywhere from $1,000 – $3,000 to hire an attorney to form your new LLC or corporation.
Should I form my LLC in a State with a Lower State Fee?
You can find the pros and cons of filing your LLC or corporation in different states online by simply doing a Google search.
Many businesses choose to file their business in Delaware because this state has many advantages for businesses, especially for a corporation.
Nevada is another choice because they provide tax breaks.
Which Service does the least amount of up-selling?
We have found that Northwest Registered does the least amount of upselling and they are not pushy.
An LLC registered agent is an individual or entity which has been designated by the LLC to receive service of process notices, government correspondence and compliance-related documents on behalf of the LLC.
For example, if your business is sued, the state will send the service of process to your registered agent, who then alerts you to the delivery and forwards it on to you.
While you are legally able to serve as your own registered agent for your llc or corporation, we strongly recommend using a registered agent service instead, because a registered agent service protects your personal privacy, cuts down on your junk mail, and ensures that you never miss an important delivery.
FundsNet requires Contributors, Writers and Authors to use Primary Sources to source and cite their work. These Sources include White Papers, Government Information & Data, Original Reporting and Interviews from Industry Experts. Reputable Publishers are also sourced and cited where appropriate. Learn more about the standards we follow in producing Accurate, Unbiased and Researched Content in our editorial policy.